The core goal of this project is to provide a system to monitor stock in real-time and derived from that, the possibility to connect it with a promptly updateable ordering system to refill the inventory.
So, in general the necessary steps are:
- Detection of objects (here containers), where in each a specific type and amount of good is stored,
- Tracking of hand-movement,
- And deriving withdrawal in matters of time and allocated container.
Therefore, the following resources are needed:
- Camera and mounting system which can be adjusted to fit the individual storage system of each customer.
- Software and interface to match either with an existing smart storage & ordering system or an equivalent third-party system.
Possible applications range from workshops of all sorts to storage services, private homes, hospitals and postal services for example.
Development Team: Felix Weber, Benedikt Straßner, Alban Tchuinkou, Jan Gawellek
Scrum Master: Martin Ullrich, Philipp Schlieper