ID 2364: Position-Dependent Standardization of Fetal ECG for Detection of Congenital Heart Defects
Research Internship / Project / Master’s Thesis
Congenital heart defects (CHD) affect around 1.1% of newborns in Germany. The non-invasive fetal ECG is a promising technology for prenatal detection of CHD. It offers a safe and effective way to assess the cardiac health of a baby before birth. However, the variability in fetal positioning in-utero presents a challenge. The aim of this project is to implement a standardization algorithm for fetal ECG signals that depends on the fetal position in-utero. This standardization process is vital to ensure an accurate comparison of ECG morphologies between healthy and CHD-affected fetuses.
- Processing and cleaning fetal ECG dataset
- Implementing standardization algorithm
- Evaluation and visualization of standardized fetal ECG morphologies
- Basic knowledge in biomedical signal processing
- Strong interest in mobile health topics and wearable devices