ID 2307: COVID-19 Survey Analysis Using Machine Learning
Research Assistant / Project
This project is in collaboration with the Charité Berlin who have collected the survey data. We are interested in investigating whether machine learning can provide additional insights into the data and/or validate existing knowledge about relationships between answers. This is offered either as a paid student assistant or a project (not both).
- Extraction and analysis of association rules between survey answers
- Training and inspection of decision trees to predict survey answers
- Hyperparameter tuning using Optuna and cross-validation
- Regression analysis of select numerical survey analysis
- Proficiency working with pandas data frames, e.g., loading and filtering data
- Excellent knowledge of scikit-learn framework, especially the decision tree module
- Good German knowledge helpful, but not required
Payment will be in accordance with the posted salaries for part-time student assistants at the FAU with 9 hours per week (typically 12€ w/o bachelor’s and 13€ w/ bachelor’s degree).
Thomas Altstidl, M. Sc.
Researcher & PhD Candidate
Please use the application form to apply for the topic. We will then get in contact with you.